Oh wow, so last week Carina nominated me for a Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. It was a bad day, I literally had no speaking voice, so getting the tweet that someone liked my online voice was awesome. So here goes..
1: Answer the ten questions you have been sent, thanking the blogger who nominated you.
2: Come up with ten questions of your own.
3: Nominate up to ten bloggers
- Do you mind rainy days or do you find something positive in them?
I kinda like rainy days as long as I don't have to go anywhere. It's kinda an excuse for a duvet day, or to have a bath in the afternoon. To indulge my inner slob, and maybe bake cake.
- Have you got any siblings?
I have one older brother, who I think I'll keep. He's a good one, and made me a cute nephew.
- How do you feel about setting blogging goals, do you find them motivational?
I think there is a really fine line between setting goals, and becoming competitive and comparing yourself to others. Theres a lot of posts I could easily do (things based on my job and so on) which would make me super popular and give me loads of views. I do the odd one but I don't want that to be the focus of this place. Sounds like I'm really anti goals. I'm not, I just think for me they aren't a thing. My goals are to get something out at least once a week. If anyone reads it, that's a win.
- Talking about blogs, name three of your favourite ones.
Oh gosh! Well Stepabout is defo one, but that is a given seeing as I've guest posted! So 3 more.. Lately loving Dorkface, Water Painted Dreams and always The Graphic Foodie because Fran knows all the best places to eat in Brighton - at least for me we have the same taste.
- If you could choose any language course for free, which language would you learn?
Italian would be an obvious choice, but if I knew I would actually be able to learn it probably Japanese. I'd love to be able to watch Studio Ghibli movies in the original Japanese!
- Who’s your celebrity crush?
Can I have a couple? I mean literally, its so wrong but I have a huge geek-crush on Neil Gaiman and Amanda Palmer. I'd be a third wheel. Oh I can't? Ok then it'd be Captain America. Chris Evans... oh yes.
- How do you spend a perfect day?
This one kinda stumped me, before I remembered why I don't "do" perfect days. Combine anxiety and OCD and add in a large dose of feeling like a failure/imperfect. A perfect day is any nice day when everything goes right but I don't feel rushed , I don't feel terrible in myself and I'm generally chilled, unrushed, happy and not feeling like my life (ok mainly me) is a waste of air. Planning out a perfect day is too much pressure!!
- What are your beliefs? Do you identify with a specific religion, are you atheist or anything else?
I believe in some higher power. I read once the Book of Tao, and there is a phrase "The Tao that can be spoken is not the eternal Tao", or basically if you can express it, it isn't it. That kinda sums up the way I feel about things. I know, I can't put it into words well. I do have a HUGE issue with anyone telling anyone how to express their faith/beliefs thou, which makes things interesting with my church going husband.
- Very roughly, how much time do you spend on your blog?
Depends on my life. Usually at least a half hour a day reading blogs, thinking about content etc. Sometimes it comes to nothing, other times it becomes greatness. I do need to be a bit more organised really.
- Have you ever been to a blogger event and if yes, how did you like it?
No! Sadly I've never been invited to one I could actually make. To be fair I've only been invited to two, so theres not been much opportunity. One day.
So my 10 questions -
1. What is the weirdest thing you have ever done? (keep it clean!!)
2. What type of blog posts/vlogs do you enjoy reading/watching?
3. Your house is on fire but everything that breathes is ok, what one thing do you save?
4. If you could only wear one colour for the rest of your life, which one. Grey, White and Black don't count!!!
5. What is your favourite book and how many times do you think you have re-read it?
6. You have up to £200 to spend on one item for yourself right now, Just something you crave, not need. What is it?
7. What has been your favourite holiday destination/day out in your life so far, and why.
8. If you had a patronus, what animal do you think it would be?
9. What is the longest you have ever been away from facebook/twitter/instagram? Be honest!
10. Friends or How I Met Your Mother??
and who do I nominate?
Hayley over at Water Painted Dreams
Amy at lifeasamazzable
And in the spirit of sisterhood, my newest follower on bloglovin, the lovely Elle May